When a relationship breaks down it is necessary to divide the assets involved.
A property settlement process is necessary to ensure your financial wellbeing moving forward.
We can assist you to:
- Identify all of the assets of the marriage by obtaining full disclosure from the other party;
- Assist you to value the assets of the marriage;
- Comprehensively assess the financial, non-financial and homemaker/parent contributions of the relationship and the future needs of the parties;
- Provide you with expert advice about the options you have with regard to the division of assets with reference to the percentage division a Court might order; and
- Negotiate with the other party.
All our Family Law solicitors can give sound, practical advice in relation to negotiating a property settlement that is just and equitable and guide you through the process.
Please refer to our “Property Settlement Guide” for further information about disclosure, negotiation and property division proceedings.
We make it our mission to serve you with excellence and integrity
Get in touch with us today
If you have a new legal enquiry, our team will be happy to assist you. Please submit an online enquiry and a member of our team will call you.